Customs clearance is a set of actions during transporting goods across the border, both at the time of entry into and out of the country. Operations performed with goods at customs are necessary in order for further manipulation of the goods to be legal.
Customs clearance of cargo
The order of registration depends on the type of transportation:
- transit, etc.
The procedures for import and export of goods differ from each other not only in the order of the actions, but also in the list of necessary documents.
Customs clearance of imports
Import of goods to Ukraine is regulated by state legislation and falls into the field of strict foreign economic regulation. Afterwards imported goods after passing customs formalities fall into the free use of the owner without any restrictions. Including the timing of their stay in the country.
The package of documents provided for by law, which regulates the import of goods, includes the following:
- Import license
- Certificates of conformity , the origin of the products.
- Phytosanitary certificates , and for goods of animal origin – veterinary permits.
- Conclusion of the State Procurement Service of Ukraine
To import goods into the country, you need to provide documents for customs clearance on the basis of which it is carried out. And then pay the established taxes and fees provided for by law.
Customs clearance of export
This procedure also includes customs fees, regulated by law, and documentation designed specifically for your product – licenses, certificates and permits. After its successful passage, the goods are released for free circulation outside the country without the obligation of re-importation.
The order of preparation of goods for export includes such stages:
- Product identification. Definition of the code of UKTVED for each product for passage of all necessary instances
- Directly passing the monitoring services. Most of the goods require visits to five or more instances, and often also the issuance of additional permits.
- Correct completion of the customs declaration. A procedure that requires special knowledge, since this document is partially encrypted. It is the correct execution of the declaration that is the key to the successful passage of customs control, but at this stage they often make mistakes.
- Submission of necessary declarations to the customs authorities.
- Walkthrough of Inspector Services.
Independently execution of documents and the passage of customs control often entails a number of inconveniences:
- significant time costs
- financial losses due to inexperienced mistakes
- downtime in business, delays in the delivery of goods
This process is rather labor-intensive, requiring certain knowledge and experience, therefore, most entrepreneurs trust the work on registration of accompanying documentation for the specialists. Brokers thoroughly know the customs legislation, all the nuances of passing control and a clear procedure for action. Professionals are able not only to save customers from financial losses, but also to speed up the process of collecting related documents, prepare the goods for crossing the border and solve any logistics task promptly and competently. That is why most businessmen prefer to trust customs clearance for companies specializing in this.